The Brooklyn Cyclones hosted the Girl Scouts of America on June 27, 2008. At this annual event, Girl Scout troops were invited to march along the base lines and stand on the field during the National Anthem. The Cyclones took the game with a 4-3 walk-off win against the Aberdeen Iron Birds. As a nice surprise, Mets OF Ryan Church played for the Cyclones after beginning a rehab assignment the night before. The girls got autographs, received a Commemorative Patch and some even slept on the field at KeySpan Park for the Post-Game Sleepover. If you missed out, there is another Girl Scout Night at the Richmond County Bank Ball Park when the Brooklyn Cyclones are facing the Staten Island Yankees on Saturday, July 26 at 7:00 p.m. Pre-game parade begins at 6 p.m. for all Girl Scouts, all children 12 & under get to run the bases after the game & there will be a post-game SWAP will all scouts before the movie screening of Nancy Drew down on the field.
- Heat Wave: 2010 to Be One of Hottest Years on Record
- New Office!
- OEM TIP OF THE WEEK: SHELTER IN PLACE IN A SAFE SPACE
- July & August Community Calendar
- April & May Community Calendar
- Health Care Proxy Information Provided by The Vollies
- MTA HEARING ON FARE HIKES AND SERVICE REDUCTIONS
- How To Survive a Power Blackout
- Not You Too
- Girl Scouts Family Day at Brooklyn Cyclones